Del Carmen "Blue Back" Slate
Del Carmen is specially and exclusively quarried from the Del Carmen quarry in North West Spain to offer customers a top of the range slate usually sought by demanding markets such as Germany or France.
Del Carmen roofing Blue-Black roofing slate has a distinctive riven texture; the deep blue-black colour is totally natural and will not fade, even in the strongest sunlight.
Del Carmen is a high-density slate that does not crack, when fixed properly. It is almost totally inert and shows no reaction in polluted atmospheres. It is also non-porous and will not support the growth of mosses or lichens. It is also unaffected by insect attack. Whereas most slates sourced from Spanish quarries have a transverse grain, Del Carmen slates are notable for the rare characteristics of a longitudinal grain.
Del Carmen Ultra is supplied with a written guarantee of 75 years.
Del Carmen Slate Photos
Features and Benefits
- Fire: The slate is completely non-combustible
- Optical: The colour of Del Carmen slate is totally natural and devoid of artificial pigments. It does not fade in the sunlight.
- Climate: Del Carmen slate is non-porous and its very low coefficient of expansion means that it is unaffected by changes in temperature.
- Compatibility: Del Carmen is compatible with virtually all building products.
- Chemical and Biological: The slate is stable with no adverse reaction in polluted environments (i.e. acid rain).